Once you’ve said “yes,” it’s time to start thinking about your “I do” — and we think you should set your sights on a dreamy destination wedding in Mexico! At Secrets Resorts & Spas, they love being a part of their guests’ love stories, and the experienced wedding coordinators are always on hand to help plan every detail of your special day.
This week, we’ve put together a checklist of things to keep in mind while arranging your wedding in Mexico. Read on to start planning!
As your special day is approaching, you’ll work closely with your Secrets Resorts wedding coordinator to ensure that all the I’s are dotted, the T’s are crossed and every detail you’ve dreamed of is ready to come to life.
The following requirements are for legal marriages only — guests planning a symbolic ceremony need not have or complete all of the following. Check with your Wedding Coordinator if you’re not sure which items apply to you!
- Bride, Groom & Witnesses must arrive three business days prior to the wedding day (Saturdays, Sundays and holidays do not count). Symbolic and non-legal ceremonies allow flexibility for arrival date.
- Valid passports
- Tourist Card (received upon arrival at the airport)
- Four witnesses, plus the names, addresses, nationalities, ages, occupation, relationship, copy of a tourist card and a valid identification for each of them. The witnesses can be relatives, friends or anyone who has a valid passport. The Wedding Coordinator will fill out the legal form.
- If the couple does not come with witnesses, we will be able to provide them — fees apply.
- A blood test taken in Mexico. To be considered valid, the test should not be taken more than 14 days prior to the ceremony. Results will be ready in 24 hours, together with a certificate. Your Wedding Coordinator will make those arrangements for you, usually early morning the day after arrival. Fees apply.
- Judge’s transportation fee.
- City hall court fees and application process, depending on the wedding package the couple chooses at Secrets Resorts & Spas.
To make your marriage certificate legal internationally, the Wedding Coordinator will send a copy of your license to the validation process. The process will take 2-3 months and will be sent to the couple’s home address once completed. Documents will be in Spanish but can be translated for an additional fee.
Secrets Resorts & Spas can’t wait to celebrate your love! If you’re planning your next visit, don’t miss out on our Ultimate Upgrade Sale!
Dive deep into a romantic retreat at Secrets Resorts & Spas, where adults escape the everyday amid the natural allure of the Caribbean. Redefining the all-inclusive experience with Unlimited-Luxury®, world class amenities and unsurpassed personal service are yours as often as you desire. Embark on your secluded getaway in some of the most coveted locations in the world, and discover the unique sophistication found only at a Secrets Resort & Spa.